Cornmeal Crusted Pan-Seared Snapper with a Mango Relish. This Red Snapper can be prepared in so many ways grilled, steam, pan-seared and cornmeal crusted and fried! The spicy cornmeal creates a delicious crispy coating and at the same time keeps this fish super moist. The mango relish brings this dish Flavor, Sweetness , and Spice™.
1/2 cup cornmeal mix of your choice
4 eggs ( 2 of them to be egg whites)
1/4 cup of whole milk
6 red snapper fillets
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
· 2 ripe mangoes, diced
· 1/3 medium green bell pepper, chopped
· 1/3 medium red bell pepper, chopped
· ½ cup chopped red onion
· ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
· 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
· 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
· 2 tablespoon DivineKuizine Mango barbecue ( purchase at www.divinekuizine.com)
· Optional to make salsa a little sweeter use DivineKuizine sugar spice (purchase at www.divinekuizine.com)
Pour in shallow dish cornmeal. In another shallow bowl crack two whole eggs and 2 egg whites add milk whisk eggs and milk altogether.
Dip the fish in the egg milk mixture and then in the cornmeal.
In a large nonstick skillet, warm 1/4 oil over medium high heat. Add the fish and cook until it golden brown on both sides , about 3 to 4 minutes. per side.
Prepare Mango Salsa/Relish
In a serving bowl, combine the diced mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro jalapeno and DivineKuizine mango barbecue. Drizzle with the juice of one lime and mix well. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer.
Serve the snapper topped with mango salsa. Enjoy!