Eggplants themselves are a very nutrient-dense fruit (yeah, not a vegetable), touting tons of vitamins and minerals to combat everything from headaches to depression These fried eggplants are so crispy on the outside and so juicy on the inside. Really quick and easy recipe. Great side dish or appetizer for the weekend or holidays. A must try recipe!
1 pound eggplants
1 egg white
7 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon Thai seven -spice seasoning - You can find at most large grocery stores or Asian stores
Peanut oil preferred, but vegetable or canola will do
1.Slice eggplant into fairly thin rounds
2. Place the egg white into a small bowl and beat until light and foamy
3. Mix together cornstarch, salt and five spice
4. Heat oil in a wok or a large pot
5. Dip each sliced eggplant into egg white, then into cornstarch mixture .
6. Deep -fry the eggplant in batches for 5 minutes or until pale golden brown and crispy
7. Drain eggplant on a on paper towel
8. Serve with DivineKuizine remoulade sauce for dipping - can purchase remoulade sauce www.divinekuizine.com