Pan-Seared Buttered Lemon Cod
Updated: Oct 13, 2020
Amazing, quick and easy recipe for buttered lemon pan seared cod. Ready in 15 minutes, this fish recipe has a wow factor. The seasoned cod cooked in butter and topped with herbs and fresh lemons sauce is amazing.
Pan Searing yields that deliciously browned exterior on both sides of the fish. Which accomplish that golden “crust.”
Servings: 4 servings
1 1/2 lbs cod fillets
6 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarse pepper
Cut cod into smaller pieces, if desired. Season all sides of the cod with the seasoning.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once butter melts, add the garlic and cod to skillet. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Turn heat down to medium. Turn cod over, top with remaining butter and cook another 3-4 minutes.
5. Add lemon slices to skillet , cook for about 1 more minute.
6. Top with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
7. Enjoy, with friends or family.