Vegetarian must Try! Portobello mushrooms, broccoli, black beans, and seasoning make this a burger even meat lovers can’t resist! This burger is packed full of veggies and seasonings that you do not miss the beef! Whether you’re a vegetarian or a carnivore you’ll love this burger!
I have never had a veggie burger before but so many people brag how great they are so I started looking for recipes and I came across a few of them and took what like from various recipes and put my twist on what I like ;and came up with this recipe. Which will be a stable in my family meals now!
· 2 Portobello mushrooms, cubed (smaller pieces), sauteed in 1 Tbl of olive oil
· Can black beans
· 1 cup minced broccoli, fresh only
· 1/2 cup red onion, minced
· 2 eggs
· 1 Tbl Montreal Steak Seasoning
· 1 Tbl Worcestershire *for full vegetarian or vegan style use one that does not contain anchovies
· 1 fresh minced garlic clove
· 3/4 cup fresh grated white cheddar *Look for vegetarian or vegan cheese if you do not eat animal products
· Olive oil
1.In a large bowl add in the sauteed portobello mushrooms
2.Mash or blend black beans ,with a masher or blend in a blender ( whatever your preference is.
3.Next, add in the mushrooms, beans, broccoli, garlic, onion, Worcestershire and steak seasoning.
4.Mix just until coated.
5.Add in the eggs, cheese and bread crumbs and mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
6.Place in Fridge for 30 mins-1
hr to become firm to make into patties.
7.Set aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 2 Tbl of oil.
8.Once the oil starts to shimmer (about a minute or two),
9.Shape into burgers. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn’t add just a Tbl more of bread crumbs.
10. Place in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
Serve withDivineKuizine remoulade sauce https://www.divinekuizine.com/product-page/remoulade-sauce-16oz
keywords: vegetarian burger, black bean burger, mushroom burger, healthy, meatless