This Easy & Healthy Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese Recipe is low-carb and keto! It's a delicious gluten free. Is a healthier take on mac and cheese! It’s cheesy, loaded and feels like comfort food, without the calories and carbs.
These delicious cheesy bowls are filled with a blend of milk, butter, and DivineKuizine sugar spice for ultimate flavor. Top with Italian cheese and parsley for that perfect final touch.
· 2 small/medium spaghetti squash about 2 lbs each
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· Fresh parsley
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon gluten -free all purpose all purpose
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tablespoon DivineKuizine sugar spice
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes - optional
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 1/2 cups half and half
2 1/2 cups Italian blend cheese
Roast the Spaghetti Squash:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut both spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds (scoop them out with a metal spoon).
3. Brush the inside with olive oil
4. Place cut-side down in a baking dish.
5. Fill baking dish ¼” with water.
6. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until the squash is soft to the touch (it will compress down when pushed lightly).
8. Remove from the oven and turn the cut-side to the top.
9. Let cool.
10. Use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash, being careful not to poke holes in the shell.
Make Cheese Sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt butter , oil and chicken bouillon in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add gluten free all purpose flour and whisk to combine.
4. Whisk constantly until ingredients just start to brown (about 1-2 minutes).
5. Add milk and DivineKuizine sugar spice and red pepper flakes whisk until mixture is smooth.
6. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken (about 3-5 minutes).
7. Once mixture is thick, add 2 cups of shredded cheese and whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
8. Once cheese sauce is smooth, remove the saucepan from the heat.
1. Distribute cheese sauce evenly among the four halves of shredded spaghetti squash
2. Use a fork to gently stir the cheese sauce into each half of shredded spaghetti squash.
3. Once the sauce is evenly distributed in the squash, use the fork or a spatula to smooth out the surface of each squash half.
4. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese on the top is melted and lightly brown. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
5. Serve warm!