Updated: Jul 22, 2021
Spicy , super crispy and juicy fried chicken on brioche buns with pickle chips smothered in a DivineKuizine remoulade sauce. This sandwich is delicious and 100% worth making! It’s super crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside and loaded with spices. It’s as close as you will get to the famous Popeyes chicken sandwich; but in my opinion, it’s so much BETTER and surprisingly easy to make at home!
Serves 4 ( Makes 4 sandwiches)
For the Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thigh
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon kosher salt - optional
4 tablespoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon smoke paprika
1 teaspoon hot chili oil
1 tablespoon Sriracha
For Breading and Frying:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon smoke paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
4 cups canola or peanut oil, for frying
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
4 brioche buns
dill pickles, sliced
1. Whisk together in a large bowl buttermilk and eggs until well combined. Place chicken a bowl or container, Mix hot chili oil ,hot sauce, Sriracha sauce all together. Pour on chicken add salt is optional.
2. Season flour add cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Whisk until completely combined.
3.Take a piece of chicken out of the marinade/spicy sauce and dip it into the buttermilk. Dredge chicken both sides in the flour mixture to coat completely, pressing the flour to help it coat the chicken. Repeat the process with all pieces and place them on a wire rack over or baking sheet . Add the oil to a cast-iron skillet, or another heavy-bottomed pan, until it reaches 350 F.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry for 3 to 5 minutes per side. The outside should be crispy and golden brown and the internal temperature should be 165 F. Remove from the oil and allow to drain on a cooling rack over a baking sheet or on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Assemble the Sandwich
1. Add 1/4 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet and heat on medium to high heat. Halve the buns and place each half bun cut-side down onto the pan and toast until golden brown. Keep adding 1/4 tablespoon of butter per half and toast all halves.Butter your buns .
2. Spread a tablespoon of the DivineKuizine Remoulade sauce onto both sides of the buns. Add 3 to 4 sliced pickles. Place the chicken on the bottom bun, add 3 to 4 sliced pickles. and close with the top slice.