The best chicken cacciatore in a rich and rustic sauce with chicken falling off the bone is simple Italian comfort food at its best! You'll love this hearty, rustic chicken cacciatore recipe with mushrooms and bell peppers in a flavorful tomato sauce. All the comforting aromatics and Italian flavors.
· 2 lbs chicken thighs
· 8oz. baby bella mushrooms
· 1 onion, diced medium
· 1 small green and red pepper, diced medium
· jalapeno pepper, minced
· 4-5 rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced
· 2 fresh tomatoes, diced medium
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· pitted kalamata olives, a large handful
· 3 tablespoons of olive ,tapenade spread
· 1 chicken bullion cube
· 1 cup water
· 1/2 cup white wine
· 1 14 oz. can whole stewed tomatoes
· Assorted herbs, parsley, basil, oregano and thyme
· Olive oil
· Salt, pepper and smoke paprika
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
2. Heat a heavy cast iron skillet, drizzled with olive oil.
3. Place chicken skin side down and do not move it until it reaches a deep golden brown and it's easy to turn, brown other side for a few minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. Add vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, a few twigs of thyme, saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add wine and let it reduce.
6. Add chicken bouillon and tomatoes.
7. Toss in 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper and chopped fresh basil.
8. Place the chicken back into the pan and sink into the juices.
9. Simmer on low, stove top, for a couple of hours or until chicken falls off the bone. Uncovered.
10. Garnish with fresh parsley.
11. Serve with cooked pasta, polenta or warm crusty bread.
Keywords: #chickencacciatore #cacciatore #chicken #maindish #dinner #italiandish #recipe #video #cookingvideo