Kick off Holiday Season with this delicious caramel apple cake! A spice cake made with diced sugar spice apples, drizzled with brandy caramel sauce. This is one of my all time favorite fall cakes! It’s perfectly moist with lots of those sweet autumn spices. It has a tender crumb and so much flavor in every bite. I used two of DivineKuizine products apple fritter mix used as the dry ingredients and the sugar spice as a sweetener.
1 ⅓ cups firmly packed DivineKuizine sugar spice
¾ cup butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
¾ cup buttermilk
2 lb. McIntosh apples or apples of your choice (6 to 7 apples)
½ cup firmly packed Divine Kuizine Sugar Spice
1 tsp. Cornstarch
¼ tsp of Divine Kuizine Sugar spice
Pinch of table salt
2 tablespoon. Butter
1. Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first two ingredients at medium speed with a heavy duty electric stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended after each addition: stir in vanilla.
2. Whisk together fritter mix and next 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add fritter mix to sugar mix alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended after each addition. Spread butter in a greased (with shortening) and fritter mixed 9x2-inch round cake pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 35 to 40 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely (about one hour).
4. Meanwhile, prepare apples. Cut apples into 1/2 -inch-thick wedges. Toss together apples. ½ cup Divine Kuizine Sugar Spice and next three ingredients. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture and saute 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender and golden. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
5. Arrange sauteed apples over cooled cake and drizzle with desired amount of warm Apple Brandy- Caramel Sauce; serve with remaining sauce.